All right. Since I bent your ears with 2500+ words agonizing over the decision, I may as well let you know what we decided. Mark raised a good point: if Naomi is in school 5 days/week, then that leaves 2 mornings for me to spend alone with Asher. He pointed out that Naomi had plenty of one-on-one time with me at that age, whereas Asher will soon have none. I feel silly (guilty?) that I hadn't considered my littlest one as part of the equation. Thank you, Mark. Plus, Naomi really, truly loves school. School for her is where the fun is, and Pre-K will have more advanced activities (like dry ice volcanoes, cool!)
One milestone to note: this is the first time I have had to balance one child's needs against the others in a major way (in other words. other than balancing who immediately needs me more, the one finishing her business on the potty, or the one who needs help guiding a spoon into his mouth?)
In the end there is no right or wrong. I received many notes supporting my inclination to keep Naomi home a little longer. Thank you everyone for thoughtfully considering this phase of our lives and for providing guidance. I think she'll do great going 5 days a week, and when I start to miss her too much, we'll play hookey and go to the beach.
Monday, March 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sigh...sometimes our husbands really do know us better than anyone else.
Will you and Mark adopt me?
It's wonderful to be able to have such wisdom close at hand from your partner, but what I can't believe is that Mark was ever that debonair...even if it was eight years ago.
Post a Comment